Farm Safety Advisor
As a subject matter expert in WHS, you will use your practical knowledge and experience in agriculture, as well as communication and project management skills to engage with the farming sector in NSW and deliver high quality WHS advisory service.
Reporting to the Workplace Relations Director, this role will be part of a team of two advisors to deliver the Farm Safety Advisory Program. The primary objective of this role is to provide practical, innovative and customer centered work health and safety advice and support to the farming sector in the NSW, in order to reduce injuries and fatalities on farms. The role is broad based which will allow you to develop your skills.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Respond to enquiries from farmers across the state in relation to WHS
• Prepare, organise and deliver face to face WHS advisory sessions regionally
• Review, develop, collate and maintain WHS resources.
• Promote the program and its related services through internal and external networks
• Undertake day to day management of the project
• Collect project evaluation data and prepare reports on project performance
• Stakeholders management
• Develop and maintain a project website and other project communications
• Monitor emerging WHS issues and trends in the farming sector and devise a response in consultation with the Workplace Relations Director
We are looking for:
• Someone with relevant qualifications or experience in WHS
• Demonstrated experience and/or understanding of agriculture and related WHS issues
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated capability in working remotely and using own initiative with limited supervision.
• Ability to manage projects and events
• Microsoft Office skills including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel
• An understanding of project management including in the development of project evaluation methodologies.
• Possession of a current drivers license
• Highest standard of integrity and professionalism in all actions, relationships and decision making consistent with requirements of the Association and the law.
To be successful in this role you must have exceptional communication and relationship building skills. An understanding of rural and agricultural issues is essential.
This role will be based from your home and will include a fully branded car, laptop, and phone.
Extensive travel with overnight accommodation will be required; you must possess a current driver’s license. Preference will be given to applicants residing in or around central NSW.
Applications including resume and cover letter to be sent to email@example.com
Applications close Monday, 4 October 2021