Policy Advisor - St Leonards
Leading a small team, this position facilitates the development, analysis and execution of policy related issues on behalf of NSW Farmers. This position plays a key role in proactively engaging with and influencing key stakeholders at a state and federal level to ensure that issues critical to members are best represented to shape effective legislative reforms.
You will use your analytical skills to drive policy outcomes for NSW Farmers' Association members. Reporting to a Policy Director the role will cover policy development focused on a range of agricultural industries. You will be tasked with managing relationships with the various member committees, stakeholders and government in these policy areas and you will be responsible for providing appropriate support to the policy directors. This is an exciting and broad based role which will allow you to develop your skills and exposure across a number of policy areas and agricultural industries.
• Examine the priority policy issues impacting on farmers and consult with industry and government to progress these issues;
• Undertake analysis of NSW Farmers policy positions;
• Undertake research and assisting with the development of policy solutions to issues concerning our members;
• Provide secretariat support to the relevant policy directors and committees in order to develop, implement and promote policy;
• Ensure relevant information is effectively communicated to members.
We are looking for:
• Someone who takes initiative
• High level research skills
• An ability to build and maintain relationships
• High level of organisational and administrative skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Tertiary qualifications in Agriculture, Law or a related discipline are desirable
This is a challenging role with opportunity to engage in the policy process at state and federal levels as well as in operational aspects of the Association
Applications including resume and cover letter to be sent to email@example.com
Applications close Friday, 28 August 2020
Enquiries please contact 02 9478 1000