Senior Policy Advisor
With relevant tertiary qualifications and at least three years of proven experience in the professional sector, you will be looking for an opportunity to take the next step. Working under an experienced Policy Director you will shape policy outcomes at a government and industry level through strategy and stakeholder management. You will learn to engage with government at the highest level and assist the association in maintaining a strong presence both in Macquarie Street and in Canberra. With a keen intellect and strong work ethic, you will work with members of the association to develop policy and drive outcomes through advocacy.
You will be eager to learn from a highly experience political team and you will want to extend your skills in strategy, policy, communications and stakeholder relations.
A background in or knowledge of agriculture would be advantageous but not essential for this role.
You will use your research and analytical skills to develop and drive policy outcomes for NSW Farmers' Association members. Reporting to a Policy Director, your role will cover the policy area of livestock and related issues at both a state and national level. You will be tasked with managing relationships with the various member committees, industry stakeholders and government and you will be responsible for providing high-level strategic advice to the Policy Director.
You will develop the ability to undertake research on broad and complex policy areas in order to deliver succinct summaries and briefing notes. You will also learn to design and implement lobbying strategies in order to achieve policy outcomes for NSW Farmers. This exciting and broad based role will allow you to develop your skills and exposure to a number of policy areas.
• Assist Policy Director and Committees in developing Association policy;
• Collate research and data to contribute to reports and briefing notes;
• Assist Policy Director with stakeholder engagement;
• Ensure relevant information is effectively communicated to members;
• Assist in designing and implementing lobbying campaigns to government, business and community stakeholders.
We are looking for:
• Someone who takes initiative
• High level research and analytical skills
• Well-developed written and verbal communication skills and the ability to develop quality policy assistance and communication
• An ability to build and maintain relationships
• A strong understanding of Australia’s parliamentary systems
• Tertiary qualifications in Agriculture, Economics, Science, Social Science, Communications, Public Policy, or a related discipline are desirable
This is a challenging role with opportunity to engage in the policy process at state and federal levels as well as in operational aspects of the Association. While this is a contract role, there may be opportunities to extend for the right candidate.
Applications including resume and cover letter send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Monday, 23 May 2022
All enquiries and a copy of the position description visit the careers section of NSW Farmers website.